Monday, September 15, 2008

Galveston

The task force moved to Galveston today. Steve got to sleep in a hotel last night, which was a nice break from the bus. They slept in the bus the night before. Then this morning they headed to Galveston. Steve was able to help canvas some neighborhoods looking for people who needed assistance. He said that his back is tired tonight, so that's a good sign that he had a busy day! His cell signal was terrible though, so I didn't get much out of him. I did get that they are spending tonight in a church gymnasium. And Galveston is still without power. The Salvation Army fed them dinner tonight. That's all I know. He did say that they had work for tomorrow, but they aren't talking past that. We'll continue to take it one day at a time. I mean, today is day 17. So, if we can make it this long, we can survive a little longer!

I'm tired. I've had a long and very productive day, but now it's time to turn in. I'll update again tomorrow if I hear from Steve again.

No comments:

Post a Comment